State education officials on Wednesday released Academic Performance Index (API) and Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) data which is used to measure compliance with the federal No Child Left Behind education standards.
Here's how Santee schools measures up:
(For an overall look at the county and state, .)
Academic Performance Index (API)
- Measures student performance on math and English tests.
- Scale 200-1,000; Target is 800.
- All Santee Sschool District schools met the target, Santana High School did not.
- All Santee schools scored between 798 and 895.
Santee School District
- Highest: Sycamore Canyon (895)
- Lowest: Prospect Avenue School (PRIDE Academy) (823, though it increased 18 points in the year)
- West Hills: 807
- Santana: 798
- Largest increase in 2011
West Hills High School and Sycamore Canyon Elementary both increased 23 points.
Santee's high schools increased a combined 41 points this year.
- Largest decrease in 2011
Rio Seco Elementary dropped 21 points.
The Santee School District dropped three points this year.
This year's results (click the school link to see details for the school):Elementary Schools Cajon Park Elementary860
Carlton Hills Elementary882
Carlton Oaks Elementary862
Chet F. Harritt Elementary853
Hill Creek Elementary824
Pepper Drive Elementary867
Prospect Avenue Elementary823
Rio Seco Elementary865
Sycamore Canyon Elementary895
West Hills High 807
Santana High 798