15 Sep 2014
93° Clear
Patch Instagram photo by jorgedacuna_realtor

South East High Stabbing Case Delayed Again Due To Evidence

The prosecution is still waiting for more police reports on the incident.

South East High Stabbing Case Delayed Again Due To Evidence

Presione aquí para leer en español.

Abraham López,  who has been accused of fatally stabbing Cindi Santana, 17, his supposed ex-girlfriend, at South East High School in South Gate on September 2011, has been scheduled to appear before another pre-trial hearing in February.

The prosecution and defense have told Patch previously that they expected the trial to start February.  While at the same time admitting that the difficult nature of murder cases makes them particularly prone to delays.  

The next pre-trial hearing has been scheduled for February 15.

López, 18 at the time of the incident, is facing several charges, which include murder and three counts of assault with a knife, among others.

 

The prosecution told Patch that there more evidence needs to be analyzed and exchanged with the defense. 

“We are exchanging information,” said John Pomeroy, the prosecutor in the case in a short interview with Patch at the Norwalk Court House last Monday.

The prosecution said that they are waiting for more reports on the incident from the Homicide Bureau of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Patch was not able to reach Scott Herin, the public defender representing López, for comment. 

Keep up with South Gate - Lynwood Patch Latino by subscribing to  breaking news alerts, liking us on  Facebook and following us on  Twitter. Have an  event or  announcement you'd like to publicize? Submit them for free.

Share This Article