If once a week wasn’t enough to satisfy your food truck cravings, then you’re in luck.
The Food Truck Mafia’s Union City Street Eats returns to Union Landing tonight and will continue every Thursday through the year, so long as weather permits, organizers said.
will still continue Tuesdays at James Logan High School, making it twice a week that food trucks gatherings will be held in Union City.
A portion of the proceeds from the Thursday events will be given to two local adult schools, said April Bibbins, event coordinator for Food Truck Mafia. Which adult schools will receive the donations had not yet been finalized.
Just like last year’s popular Union City Street Eats, trucks will line up alongside from 4:30 to 9 p.m. every Thursday and will feature a DJ, along with tables and chairs on the grass. This year’s event series, however, is not sponsored by the Union City Chamber of Commerce.
New trucks on the block
Tonight’s event will feature eight mobile restaurants. Among them are Truckin Sweet and My Shrimp Shack, two trucks that made their debut at other Food Truck Mafia events this week.
My Shrimp Shack features the tiny crustaceans cooked in an Asian-Hawaiian fusion flair.
Truckin Sweet is the newest member of the Food Truck Mafia family.
Run by Jason Lebon and Jacquelyne Parrish, daughter of co-founder and Pizza Pimps proprietor Phil Woodman, the dessert truck currently features all natural and unique ice cream blends you won’t find anywhere else. Their ice creams are made at a creamery especially for them, Parrish said.
Among their best sellers are voodoo crunch, which features Oreo cookies with malt balls and espresso chips, and a flavor called Top Secret with ingredients so classified even Parrish doesn’t know what’s in it. The creamery blends flavors each day for Truckin Sweet, Parrish said.
“If you got Top Secret tonight and ordered it again tomorrow, it won’t be the same flavor,” Parrish said.
Here’s the full line up for tonight:
- This inventive Fremont-based American BBQ food truck makes sure each visit is a new and fun experience by switching up their menu every week. Keeping fans in suspense, they often release their menu the day of each event. Stay tuned to their Facebook page to find out what's they're cooking up today.
- Follow them @grillstars
- Want some warm bread full of delicious meats and cheese? Enter Grillaz. New this year, this Fremont-based food truck specializes in hoagies and gourmet sandwiches, including Philly cheesesteaks.
- Follow them @GrillazGoneWild
- This truck is all about shrimps cooked in an Asian Fusion-Hawaiian style .
- Follow them at @MyShrimpShack
- From the Hawaiian-inspired Teri-Beef Meatball Loco Moco and the Filipino-like beer boiled Longanisa (sausage) sliders to Lynchee-Walnut Shrimp skewers and various types of fries, this truck is sure to satisfy your tastebuds.
- Follow them @ ricerockit
- Cupcakes — yummy, specialty cupcakes — are the stars of this gourmet truck. Flavors range from Salted Caramel to Red Velvet. They also bake up whoopie pies.
- Follow them @ThatsSweetTruck
- This gourmet ice cream and dessert truck serves up homemade, all natural "sinfully sweet concoctions." Try their Voodoo Crunch (Oreo cookies with malt balls and espresso chips) or the Top Secret, which is, well, top secret. They also offer mochas, lattes, shakes and floats
- Follow them @TruckinSweet
- This food truck out of Santa Clara says its the first of its kind. We Sushi serves us fresh sushi and sushi rolls and its team said they shop from fresh fish markets every morning.
- Follow them @we_sushi
- This truck specializes in silogs, a traditional Filipino breakfast served with garlic rice and fried egg. Their menu includes tapsilog (cured beef), tosilog (cured pork), longsilog (sweet sausage), Spamsilog (Spam) and bangsilog (Filipino milkfish).
- Follow them @yumsilog
Location: , Union Landing Shopping Center, 30600 Dyer St., Union City.
Union City Street Eats continues every Thursday through the year.