- The Ocean Front Walk Committee, Public Safety Committee and Venice Neighborhood Council Board will hold a joint meeting Monday to discuss the city's Ocean Front Walk Safety Assessment. The meeting will be held at the Oakwood Recreation Center, 767 California, Ave., from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Agenda here.
- A Small Business Workshop will be held Tuesday from 6:30-8 p.m. at the Westchester Community Room, 7166 W. Manchester Ave., Los Angeles. Council member Mike Bonin will be joined by representatives from the city’s Office of Finance and Department of Building & Safety/Restaurant & Hospitality Program and as well as the council district's new Business Development Advisor for an informational workshop. Workshop topics will include start-up tax exemptions, navigating conditional use permits in the restaurant and hospitality industry, small business resources, and the top five things to do before launching a business. Details here.
- An online petition to "save" the neighborhood from the proposed mixed-use development at 1414 Main St. is here.
- A change.org petition asking a medical marijuana business owner not to continue with his plans to move his business to 3472 S. Centinela Blvd. is online. The petition and comments are here.
- Make sure you're " P atched In" to get alerts on breaking news as it happens in town this week (and after), make sure you are signed up to get our emails. Click on the 'get the daily newsletter' at the top, right corner of this page. (If you see something that says, "hi, username," then you're already registered. In that case, click on "email settings" under the drop-down tab under your name.)
What's Up: Ocean Front Walk Safety, Small Business Workshop, Petitions
The Venice Neighborhood Council will hold another meeting to discuss public safety on Ocean Front Walk.
Here are five things for your Monday and beyond in Venice-Mar Vista: