Many businesses have come and gone this year. Here is a look at the past, present and future of development in Avon.
Opened in 2011
- reopened in Avon Marketplace.
- reopened in Riverdale Farms.
- Avon Old Farms Inn reopened as .
Closed in 2011
- closed before Christmas.
- The Simsbury Commons , which was located just over the Avon town line, closed as the longtime bookstore chain went bankrupt.
- construction is coming along nicely. The specialty grocery store is .
- Ensign Bickford still has its masterplan application for developing an in with the Planning and Zoning Commission. The commission will likely vote on it sometime in 2012.