Due to a low supply of blood in Connecticut, the American Red Cross has announced an emergency plea for donations, WTNH is reporting.
According to the article, the organization seeks donations of all blood types but is particularly in need of O positive, O negative, B negative and A negative.
The Red Cross website offers a search option for interested donors to find upcoming blood drives in their area.
Here are some drives coming up near Branford:
- July 10 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness at the Gaylord Wellness Center in North Haven
- July 11 from 12:30 to 6 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus in Guilford
- July 13 from 12:15 to 6 p.m. at the American Red Cross New Haven Chapter House in New Haven
- July 17 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Planet Fitness in Branford
- July 19 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Yale New Haven Hospital in New Haven
- July 19 from 1 to 6 p.m. at the North Haven Health & Racquet
in North Haven
- July 20 from 12:15 to 6 p.m. at the American Red Cross New Haven Chapter House
Those interested in donating can sign up for an appointment by calling 800-RED-CROSS.