Today is Thursday, April 27, the 118th day of the year.
Later Today: Winners of
Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 55. Breezy, with a northwest wind between 17 and 23 mph.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 28. West wind between 5 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
Events & Reminders
- The Spring Fling Craft Fair and Festival is Saturday starting at 10 a.m. at . .
- The annual Huck's Eco Fair is Saturday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. at (HHES). .
- at 9 a.m. to help with planting and landscaping for the rebuilt playground.
Today in History
- 1667: The blind and impoverished John Milton sells the copyright of Paradise Lost for £10.
- 1777: The Battle of Ridgefield takes place as British invasion forces engage and defeat the Continental Army regulars and militia irregulars in Ridgefield, CT.
- 1861: President Abraham Lincoln suspends the writ of habeas corpus.
- 1974: 10,000 march in Washington, D.C. calling for the impeachment of U.S. President Richard Nixon.
- 1981: Xerox PARC introduces the computer mouse.
- 2006: Construction begins on the Freedom Tower for the new World Trade Center in New York City.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.