Jul 28, 2014
66°
Clear

Electrical Fire at Valley Presbyterian Monday

Small fire causes minor damage to church's bathroom.

Electrical Fire at Valley Presbyterian Monday Electrical Fire at Valley Presbyterian Monday

A small electrical fire ignited at on West Whisconier Road Monday afternoon around 3:30 p.m. after a fan in one of the bathrooms malfunctioned. Volunteer firefighters were on the scene quickly and were able to douse the flames with minimal damage to the church.

According to Fire Chief David Martone, no one was in the church at the time of the fire and damage was restricted to the bathroom. Emergency responders were able to clear the fire in less than 30 minutes and the damage to the bathroom was minimal, Martone said.

Don’t miss updates from Patch!