Treat the kids to a puppet show, harvest festival or a free adventure movie this week.
- X-Men fans won't want to miss Teen Movie Night at the on Tuesday, September 13. The action movie X-Men: First Class will be featured. Witness the beginning of the X-Men universe. Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their superhuman powers for the first time. This movie is rated PG-13. This free event begins at 6 p.m. and appropriate for age 12-18.
- Treat your teen to a second movie night on Friday, September 16 at the library! Catch the epic adventure movie Thor at 6 p.m. This film is rated PG-13 and is appropriate for teens ages 12-18. Free popcorn will be served.
- Kids can visit Earthplace in Westport for a Hay Bale Search on Saturday, September 17. Families can look for tiny treasures in a giant pile of hay. Admission is $10 and searches will be held at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Head to the Ridgefield Playhouse to see Dr. Phineas' Magical Emporium: The Dragon and the Pepper Puppet Extravaganza. This new puppet show from Tim Clarke tells the story of a chef who was banished from his homeland and makes friends with a fire-breathing dragon. Catch the showson Saturday, September 17 at 11 a.m. or 1 p.m. Tickets are $15.
- Celebrate the beginning of autumn at the Downtown Bethel Fall Harvest Festival on Saturday, September 17 and Sunday, September 18. The festival will feature sidewalk sales, raffles, vendors and a craft fair. Visit Bethel Chamber of Commernce for a complete schedule of events! Held in the Bethel shopping district and P.T. Barnum Square from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday.