Swing Into Spring, an evening fundraiser for new community playgrounds, was a delightful evening for attendees. Local Canton residents, business owners, and even some of the playground manufacturers came out on Saturday evening, March 8th in support of the project and to view the potential playground renderings prepared by three different manufacturers.
The evening was held at Bridge Street in Collinsville and featured heavy appetizers prepared by Bridge Street, a selection of desserts donated by Cake Gypsy, and live music by local jazz trio the Jazzmanians.
The event featured a wine wall with bottles donated by members of the PTO Executive Board, Cheers 2U, and the Center Spirit Shoppe. Bahre's Package Store donated a gift card for the evening's raffle, as well as extended the PTO a discount on the bottles purchased for the wall.
Other donations towards the raffle for the evening included:
- Flatbread (flatbread a month for a year)
- New England Appliance (split the cost of a wine fridge for the raffle with the PTO)
- Brew & Wine Hobby (donated a wine making class for two)
- Kennedy's Men's Salon (donated a $75 gift card and a variety of grooming products)
- My Secret Garden (donated a Vera Bradley purse)
- www.WineCellarInnovations.com (donated two wine racks)
- SweetBriarBridal.Etsy.com (donated a necklace, bracelet, and matching earrings)
- www.CanvasonDemand.com (donated a $100 gift card)
- www.TinyPrints.com (donated a $100 in gift certificates)
- The Empire States Building (donated 2 tickets for the NYSkyRide and 2 tickets for the observatory)
Bridge Street and Cake Gypsy are the first two official playground sponsors due to their generous donations towards the evening. Their business name will be featured on a permanent sponsorship wall to be located on the larger playground. Community businesses and organizations interested in knowing more about sponsorship opportunities can visit the PTO website (
http://www.cantonschools.org/~cbpspto/) or contact CBPS PTO Co-Vice President Anne Marie Pelletier at CBPSPTO@CantonSchools.org or 860.693.1594.