- Elaine Falkenberg's latest blog showed you Sunday's open houses in Darien and Rowayton. Patch also features a list of Darien open houses from Zillow with links to Zillow's real estate website.
- The previous week, Elaine also showed a long list of properties "that recently had multiple offers and/or received accepted offers within 1-14 days of listing" showing that there's a tight market out there for buyers.
- Three diferent bloggers posted information on weekly real estate activity: Al Filippone Associates, Janine Vairo (of Kelly Associates) and Ken Allen (of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices).
- If you're house hunting and want to keep information neatly organized, Janine Vairo recommends you get this app.
- For home sellers, staging a home to make it look right for buyers can involve more than just keeping the place neat. Al Filippone's blog has some advice on sprucing up for spring. Here's one tip: "Probably the single most effective and inexpensive way to dramatically spruce up you home is a new coat of paint. It covers up all the scrapes and scratches that occur over time and freshens up the space. Choose neutral or softer colors when selling your home."
- If you plan to sell your home someday (as opposed to the alternative that involves wills, probate court and your heirs), you'll want to read this recent blog post of Al Filippone's: "The most frequent and significant question that is posed to realtors is, “What do I need to do to get my home sold?” Adhering to the list below will accomplish just that and fetch you the highest price every time."
- Thinking about renting in Darien or leasing out your home? Here's Zillow's list of rentals in Darien.
- Here's a list of homes recently sold in Darien (another list will be published soon), and here's Zillow's list, which has information not quite as recent (but, as ever, links to Zillow's information on each home).
- Here are several online video tours of Darien homes for sale.
Editor's note: Darien Patch makes it easy for real estate agents to post blogs to give information and advice to home buyers and sellers. We have several bloggers now and we always welcome more who can help readers understand real estate better.
If you have an interest in blogging, you can start one yourself right here or email David Gurliacci, editor of Darien Patch at Darien@Patch.com. You can also post information on events and post announcements right on Darien Patch, no prior approval needed -- just post.