1. What's the Weather? A chance of rain, mainly before 8 a.m., then a chance of drizzle. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 46. Tonight: Rain, mainly after 10 p.m. Patchy fog. Low around 41.
2. School Security in the Wake of Newtown Tragedy District 13 school adminstrators met on Friday afternoon to discuss safety measures following the horrific events that unfolded at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Today, school faculties and staff will review procedures and parents will be notified of any changes, according to Superintendent Susan Viccaro.
"I know it will take time for all of us to absorb the impact from the horrific situation in Newtown. I am sure further changes will come legislatively, as a governmental edict or by BOE vote," she said.
3. Board of Selectmen Talk Blight Ordinance Tonight's BOS agenda includes discussion on a proposed blight ordinance in Durham. At 8 p.m., a town meeting is scheduled to vote on the following:
1. To transfer up to $12,100 from #9620 Fire Trustees – Building Maintenance Reserve to #2568-452 Facilities Maintenance - Building Maintenance for septic pipe repairs at the Fire House as recommended by the Board of Finance at their November 20, 2012 meeting.
2. To transfer $4,500 from #9625 OPEB GASB 45 Report Reserve to #1000-204 Board of Finance Consultants for the July 1, 2011 OPEB valuation as recommended by the Board of Finance at their November 20, 2012 meeting.
3. To transfer up to $41,000 from #9580 Reserve for Fire Apparatus to #6700-474 CIP-Fire Department Apparatus for the purchase of a new Medical Utility Truck as recommended by the Board of Finance at their November 20, 2012 meeting.
4. All-State Honors for Augr Coginchaug lineman Ian Augr, a senior co-captain for the Blue Devils, was recently named to the Class S All-state football team. Congratulations to Ian on a well deserved honor.
5. Dino at Peckham Park Middlefield Park & Recreation recently installed a dinosaur at the park. Have you seen it yet? Tell us your thoughts.