1. What's the Weather? A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 75. Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63.
2. Donut Eating Contest Everyone knows the most intense competition at the Durham Fair involves a donut on a string and some hungry kids, right? Well, if you're having fair withdrawl (and even if you're not) check out our video!
3. Superintendent Contract The Region 13 Board of Education is scheduled to meet tonight for a special meeting to discuss Superintendent Susan Viccaro's contract. The meeting will take place at 5:30 p.m. and will be held in executive session.
4. Free Community Supper Save the date, the Church of the Epiphany will sponsor a free community supper on Sunday, October 14, 2012, from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the church hall at 196 Main St., Durham. The main meal will be prepared by Epiphany’s parishioners; members of Notre Dame Church will provide desserts.
Epiphany has been sponsoring the free suppers since March, 2009, as an outreach program for all, not only those in need. Since then, other local churches and organizations have joined Epiphany in hosting or sponsoring the monthly event, which is open to the public.
5. Free Flu Clinics Beginning Thursday, Durham and Middlefield residents can get a flu shot for FREE.
Seasonal flu clinics are being sponsored by Mass Dispensing Area 36, which includes Durham, Middlefield, Cromwell and Middletown health departments.
The first FREE clinic will be held Thursday, October 4th from noon until 8 p.m. in the Middletown City Hall Council Chamber. A clinic is also scheduled for October 30 at the Durham Activity Center.
For additional dates, times and locations check out the attached PDF.