1. What's the Weather? Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Tonight: Rain, mainly after 10 p.m. Low around 31.
2. Budget Pains Ahead At Monday night's Board of Selectmen meeting, Durham First Selectman Laura Francis did not appear optimistic about the impact of Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's proposed budget on the town.
"We know the challenges that the state's facing," Francis said. "Some of these sweeping changes are going to be devasting to mill rates and property taxes."
Stay tuned in the coming months for more coverage of Durham's budget.
3. Golf Tournament to Support Firefighters In May, the Middlefield Volunteer Fire Company will host its first ever golf tournament. Sign-ups are underway! More details here.
4. Man Pleads Guilty in Killingworth Bank Robbery Dario Pabey, 32, of Waterbury, pleaded guilty Monday to robbing the TD Bank in Killingworth last August.
Pabey and another man entered the bank wearing masks and used zip ties to tie the hands of one bank employee. After taking money from the bank, as well as money and other items from bank customers, Pabey grabbed a customer and forced him out of the bank, prosecutors said.
The investigation has revealed that $43,573 was stolen from the bank and its patrons during the robbery.
Pabey, who was arrested one month after the robbery, will be sentenced in May and faces 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
5. They Can Dance 27 dancers from Middlesex Dance Center in Middlefield were recently presented with American Academy of Ballet Performance Awards.
Penelope Wickwire, 8, of Durham, and Kayleigh Crocetto, 15, of Middlefield, were awarded Gold Medals with Distinction, the highest possible rating.