1. What's the Weather? Sunny, with a high near 87. Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 58. Courtesy of the National Weather Service.
2. Look at the Size of that Hail! The weather couldn't make up its mind on Sunday, as severe storms swept through the state during brief periods of sun and humid temperatures.
Hail came down in many places, including Clinton, where I was visiting friends on Chittenden Hill Road and watched as near golf-ball sized chunks of ice came crashing down during an afternoon of swimming and barbeque.
Did you capture any wicked weather on Sunday? Share your photos with Patch! We'd love to share them with readers.
3. Special Meeting on Powder Ridge The Middlefield Board of Selectmen are (1 p.m.) to discuss a proposed sales agreement between the town and Brownstone owner Sean Hayes for Powder Ridge. The meeting will take place in executive session. Stay tuned to Patch for details.
4. Discover Durham Business Expo The Economic Development Commission is inviting businesses of all kinds to participate in the 3rd Discover Durham Business Expo, August 11 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm in the Commercial Building on the Durham Fairgrounds. The event will be held at the same time as the popular Durham Fair Foundation Tractor Cruise-in.
The Discover Durham Business Expo is open to manufacturers, retailers,
contractors, professionals, artists, artisans, farmers and home
occupations located in Durham. Participants will be charged a nominal
$25 fee to cover the cost of the rental of a table and two chairs.
Admission to the Expo will be free but the Foundation charges a $5 per
car fee for parking. The rain date is Sunday, August 12.
The deadline for Expo registration is July 13. Businesses that
register after that date may not be included in the Expo advertising
or brochure and will be required to pay a $40 entry fee. Registration
forms are available on the Economic Development Commission website and
in the Library and Town Hall, or email me back & I'll stop by with
5. Board of Ed Holds Special Meeting The RSD 13 Board of Education will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. at Strong School for a special meeting. The agenda includes discussion of the policy that deals with the use of RSD 13 properties.