22 Aug 2014
66° Partly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by chrissybagnoli

Wood Stove Sparks Small Fire at East Haven Home

East Haven firefighters were able to quickly control and extinguish a wood burning stove fire Tuesday evening before it spread to other parts of the Waldo Street home.

Wood Stove Sparks Small Fire at East Haven Home

A wood burning stove burned a little too hot Tuesday evening, sparking a small fire in the exterior wall of an East Haven home.

The fire, which occurred at 4 Waldo Street and first reported to the East Haven Fire Department at 8:35 p.m., was quickly contained and knocked down by firefighters once they were on the scene.

East Haven Fire Assistant Chief Chuck Licata told East Haven Patch Wednesday the fire was out in about 10 minutes.

The fire appears to have occurred when the stove's flue became too hot, which then ignited the surrounding wall around it.

Licata noted that firefighters had to remove about a 5-foot by 5-foot square of the wall.

"Most of the fire was contained to the wall, so there was limited damage to the house," Licata said.

He added that although the homeowner was home at the time of the incident, there were no reported injuries to residents or firefighters during the call.

Share This Article