1. According to Weather.com, the forecast for Ellington and Somers calls for a high of 84ºF under mostly-cloudy skies with a 20-percent chance of precipitation. The overnight low will be 56ºF with a 60-percent chance of thundershowers.
2. Today at Hall Memorial Library in Ellington, from 10:15 to 11:15 a.m., children ages 9-months to 2 1/2-years old will be congregating with their guardians to participate in the library's program. Want to bring your little one for some fun socialization? Come on down! If you'd like more information, call the Children's Desk at 860-870-3160.
3. Mark your calendars! The is coming to Somers once again! This year's event takes place on May 7. The day's festivities will include a hot pepper eating contest, great music, fantastic vendors, outstanding food, a "DEFCON Death Match" hot wing eating contest, a few surprises and the best chili. If you would like information about participating, email email@example.com. Also visit these Web sites:
4. If you don't want to miss a single thing in the Ellington-Somers Patch, here's a reminder that you can get "Patched In" by joining the Patch Newsletter (click the green bar to sign up at the top of the Ellington-Somers Patch homepage), subscribe to the Ellington-Somers Patch Twitter page and join us on Facebook by clicking here.
5. Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy that one gets from gardening in the spring, the feeling that you're participating in nature's rebirth? According to Squidoo.com's list of "bizarre holidays," the second week of April is Garden Week, and with today's warm weather, what better time is there to start thinking about what you'd like to plant? With gas prices getting closer to $4 per gallon every minute, sticking close to home and shopping locally may be on your mind, so here's a list of places close by to help with your gardening needs: