23 Aug 2014
62° Mostly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by legallyblonde27
Patch Instagram photo by legallyblonde27
Patch Instagram photo by ermyceap
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by lilyava299
Patch Instagram photo by _mollfairhurst
Patch Instagram photo by thecontemporaryhannah
Patch Instagram photo by lucyketch

Minor Damage Done from Autumn Chase Apartment Fire

The fire started on the stove and only damaged the microwave over the range and the cabinets.

Minor Damage Done from Autumn Chase Apartment Fire Minor Damage Done from Autumn Chase Apartment Fire Minor Damage Done from Autumn Chase Apartment Fire

Just before 6 p.m. on Saturday evening, the responded to 115 West Road, Unit 1205 - in the  - for a possible building fire.

According to Captain Brendan Burke, the first person on scene reported smoke coming out of the basement apartment. Not knowing the extent of the fire - and the fact that it is a multi-family dwelling - assistance was requested and the Vernon Fire Department responded.

Burke said that the occupant of the home was cooking on the stove when something happened and it caught fire. He said that the fire extended to the cabinets a bit, but that they received mostly heat damage, and it did not go into the walls. Burke said that the microwave over the range was destroyed, but that nothing else was and that the apartment is completely livable. 

Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.

The occupants were home at the time, but got out with no problem, and no injuries were reported.

Burke said that the fire department did not even need to use water on the fire. He said that the firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to check for extention of the fire and ventilated the apartment before leaving.

Share This Article