Citizens Bank and News 8 today announced the categories for the 2014Champions in Action®program, which provides financial, volunteer and public relations support to local nonprofits. Youth Programming and Strengthening Communities through Family Support are the two focus areas for 2014.
Nonprofit organizations focused on youth programming are invited to apply for the Champions award to be announced in January. Applications can be completed online at www.citizensbank.com/community/champions and must be submitted by Friday,
September 20, 2013, at 5 p.m.
TheChampions in Action program is part of Citizens Helping Citizens Strengthen Communities, the bank’s program designed to enhance quality of life and economic vitality in local communities. Launched in 2002, Champions in Actionis a joint initiative of Citizens Bank and News 8 to recognize and support nonprofit organizations for their contributions to Connecticut communities. To date, the program has given 41 nonprofits more than $1million in grants and promotional support in Connecticut.
The selected Champion in Action will receive:
- An unrestricted $35,000 grant from the Citizens Charitable Foundation;
- Coverage from News 8, including public service announcements and TV profiles;
- Volunteer support from Citizens Bank and News 8 colleagues;
- Public relations support;
- Promotional support, including advertising in Citizens Bank branches, on Citizens Bank ATMs, and on the Citizens Bank and News 8 websites;
- The opportunity for the organization’s executive director to participate in a “president-to-president” mentorship with Citizens Bank and RBS Citizens, Connecticut President Ned Handy.
To be eligible for consideration, an organization must:
- Be a Connecticut-based nonprofit organization that serves Connecticut and addresses the designated social concern;
- Provide verification of tax-exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code; and
- Have a total operating budget of $5 million or less.
For more information about the Champions in Action program, visit www.citizensbank.com/community.
Citizens Helping Citizens Strengthen Communities is part of the bank’s broader Citizens Helping Citizens program addressing five key areas: hunger, housing, economic development, financial education and volunteerism. Get more information about Citizens Bank’s community initiatives online.