According to the National Weather Service, 22 inches of snow had accumulatd in Ledyard Center by 10:45 a.m. and 24 inches had fallen in Gales Ferry after what is being called an historic winter storm Friday night into Saturday.
In addition of tallying the snow accumulation, the National Weather Service has put forth a special weather statement sayting that many roads are "impassable or trecherous." Also, the winds gusts that will continue through the night will "produce blowing and driving of snow and limiting visibility."
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 11. Northwest wind 8 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 33. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 21. Calm wind.
- Monday A chance of snow and sleet before 9am, then rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 45. Light southeast wind becoming south 9 to 14 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before midnight, then a slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. West wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.