With cases of the flu becoming increasingly prevalent in Madison and surrounding towns, health officials are recommending that everyone get flu shots.
That includes people who have already had the flu, because this year's flu shot is designed to protect against three strains, two Type As, and one Type B. If you've only had one, you are not protected against the other. And if you got a flu shot last year, that doesn't protect you for this year.
The problem is that some doctor's offices in Madison are out and don't plan to restock. The CVS pharmacy in Madison is currently out and should have some more in stock by around Wednesday of next week.
If you'd like to get your flu shot before then, here are some options. Please call first to find out if they still have some in stock and, if so, what hours they are being provided. CVS in Guilford as of Thursday, for example, did have some in stock, but was providing shots only between 1 and 3 p.m.
- CVS Pharmacy in Guilford, 1057 Boston Post Road, Guilford. 203-458-1444.
- CVS Pharmacy in Old Saybrook, 519 Boston Post Road, Old Saybrook, CT. 860-388-1145.
- Clinton Stop & Shop Pharmacy, 215 E. Main Street, Clinton, CT. 860-669-6636.
- Rite Aid Pharmacy in North Branford, 280 Branford Road, North Branford, 203-488-8703.
- CVS Pharmacy in Madison, at the corner of Boston Post Road and Route 79, Madison CT is expected to get more flu shots in by Wednesday of next week. 203-245-3165.
If you know of other locations that are providing flu shots, please let us know in the comment section below the story. Thanks.
While the flu shot takes about two weeks to provide protection, the flu season generally runs into early spring, so health care providers say it's worth it to get protected now.