- is closed Monday (as well as over the weekend), along with city departments like the Health Department and Senior Center, and each will reopen Tuesday at their regular times.
- The is closed Saturday through Monday and will reopen on Tuesday.
- The is open New Year's Eve from 7 a.m. and closes early at noon for the holiday, but reopens on Sunday, New Year's Day from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. for members to make good on those resolutions and continues on its normal schedule from then on.
- Schools are closed Monday, the last day of Holiday Recess. They will reopen Tuesday morning.
- closes early on Saturday, at 6 p.m. (it opens at 10 a.m.), and will remain closed Sunday. It will reopen Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012 at 11 a.m. and close at 7 p.m.
- The city's two stores will close early over the weekend. They'll be open Saturday from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. The closes an hour early as well on Saturday and Sunday, at 9 p.m.
- is open normal hours this weekend - from 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. Saturday, and 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. Sunday.
- If your doctor's office is closed and your needs aren't urgent enough for the ER, MediQuick (203-694-5350) will be open from 8 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. at 61 Pomeroy Ave. in Meriden on Saturday and Sunday.
Coffee! Coffee coffee coffee!
- A number of Dunkin' Donuts stores throughout the city are open with normal hours.
- Starbucks at 500 S Broad St, Meriden, will be open from 6 a.m. - 9 p.m. on Saturday, and Sunday from 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Cafe Dolce will be closed as usual over the weekend, and also Monday. It will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 3rd.
- Package stores will have normal hours on Saturday, but will be closed by state law on Sunday and Monday. Grocery stores can't sell beer either on those days.