1. Tons of sun, high 70s with really low humidity; sounds like my kind of day.
2. So let’s start with the Best of Connecticut 2012. The results are in and six venues at Mohegan Sun were named Best of Connecticut. Have you checked any out? I’m thinking about the appetizer at Michael Jordan’s. Yum.
3. Said it before and we’ll say it again: The Ledyard Farmers' Market is awesome, and these farmers are our neighbors. Plus in addition to the bounty of red, green and yellow and all shades in between of fresh, local vegetables, plus fruits, berries, plants, herbs, flowers, baked goods and essentially everything one needs for the family table, consider you can also find fresh goat cheese and fish, gluten-free and crepes and the works of local artisans here and that makes this market a must-shop stop. And check out the great market website, which is supported in part by an Agriculture Viability Grant from the Connecticut Department of Agriculture.
4. You have got to love the committees that work to see awesome graduations each year and the group behind Project Grad 2013 is no different. They have hit the ground running, or maybe dancing would be more accurate: The $20 fee at the door goes to support Project Grad 2013, so get your Zumba on for a good cause!
5. Speaking of love …adore the Raymond Library. But it’s important to sign children up as soon as possible – like today? – to choose the day and time your 3 to 5 year-old cherubs would prefer to attend. This is a lovely event where the cuties hear an story and then create an age-appropriate craft that relates to the story. Making connections! Anyway, Story Hour is held Tuesdays at 2 p.m., Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m., and Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Visit or call the library to register. And from the Raymond: “There are more readers, new stories, and new crafts. It will be a fun and entertaining time!” The Raymond Library is located at 832 Raymond Hill Road and the phone number is 860-848-9943.