1. The weather. I mean if we have nothing to talk about – heaven forbid! – we always have the weather so here’s what you can expect today (if the forecaster’s have it together): it’s going to be gorgeous! Sunny, a tad hot with temps expected to top out at around 87 degrees, but it will be blue skies all day, they say. Enjoy! But be prepared for extreme heat and humidity Saturday.
2. . One of the coolest parts of OpSail has got to be the tall ships. There are free tours and these are not to be missed. Grab the kids and the camera. All theOpSail ships will have arrived by Saturday morning and will be around until at least Monday. The free tours for many of the ships run from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. But you could take a gander today or tonight.
3. We ran a great on the Fourth of July and I’m a tad worried you may have missed it; busy with holiday festivities and all. It’s a great little story about a great kid with big ideas and an even bigger heart. Take a look and let him know that we’re proud of him. And while we’re at it, a few weeks ago a fellow scout from Troop 93 also shared his awesome Eagle Scout project, so just in case you missed our , here you go!
4. There’s plenty to celebrate about Montville so let’s shout it out! Be sure to your favorite hair salon, best place for a burger or best car mechanic, best place to grab a beer or hear live music, get clothes dry cleaned or workout for Patch's Reader's Choice. C’mon, Montville!
5. Finally, if you’re looking for something to do tonight, why not check out , 91 Raymond Hill Rd, Uncasville from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., 21 and older. For more information call (860) 848-3750.
Or, if you’re looking for something completey different, how about meeting She's a mother, wife, New York Times best-selling author, star of Bravo’s The Real Housewives of New Jersey, fearless competitor on The Celebrity Apprentice, fashionista and businesswoman extraordinaire.