1. It’s a virtual certainty that we will see snow showers today mixing with rain for a big ole slushy mess. Yuk.
2. I do not know a high school kid who has not had an issue at one time or another with math or English, so the after-school tutoring in both subjects every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2:15 until 3:15 p.m. in room 305 in Montville High School is a blessing for many. If your high schooler is struggling with English or math, this is where they might need to be.
3. Two fires. Two. A brush and a structure fire tested our firefighters Monday. I’ve always said that firefighters are our last heroes. And it’s true. So thank you for your bravery on our behalf!
4. If my knees would cooperate, I might just have joined! Montville Parks and Recreation is offering Adult Volleyball for residents of Montville beginning Thursday, Nov. 29 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Leonard J. Tyl Middle School Gym. Participation is free and on a drop in basis. Two courts are set up to accommodate players. Players 16 and up are eligible. After this initial date the program will meet on Wednesday nights beginning on Dec. 5 until March 6. Anyone wishing to play will be required to fill out the registration form on site prior to participating. For more information contact the Montville Parks & Recreation Department at (860) 848-3030 ext. 321 or 322.
5. Do not read this if you are allergic to extreme adorableness. Friday is the Grade 1 Shoe Tying Olympics at Mohegan School. Oh. My Gosh!