1. Stunningly and wonderfully gorgeous day today with virtually no chance of rain, lots of sun and temps in the high 60s; enjoy it while it lasts.
2. Speaking of weather, Sandy is on the way, so stick with Montville Patch, our Facebook page and on Twitter where we’ll do our best to keep you up to date on tracking and town and state preparations.
3. It’s going to be a big night tonight for the 5-1, winning-streak Montville High School Indians. The Indians face the Ledyard Colonels at home at 6:30 on the road to the ECC Medium Championship. Be there for them, if you can!
4. There’s a pretty good chance that Halloween spirits may be dampened by Hurricane Sandy expected to arrive Tuesday. So, just in case, how about a recap of events for the kids, eh? Tonight from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., the Montville Leo Club presents a Halloween Party at Tyl Middle School on Chesterfield Road for children age 9 and under. There will be a haunted house, games, treats and a costume contest for 1 to 3-year-olds, 4 to 6-year-olds and 7 to 9-year-olds. Judging begins at 7:30. The event is free with a donation of a non-perishable food item and/or prescription eyeglasses.
5. The awesome Halloween event presented by the town’s Parks and Rec department, Trick or Trunk, will be held in the parking lot of Leonard J. Tyl Middle School at 166 Chesterfield Road on Saturday, Oct. 27 from 6 pm. to 8 p.m. The rain date is Sunday at 6 to 8 p.m. Montville Patch will be there taking pictures!