Updated at 11 a.m.
Route 63 has been re opened to all traffic. The following details are available regarding the crash that caused the road closure this morning:
- The crash involved a motorcycle and motor vehicle. Both were occupied at the time of the crash by the operators only
- The motorcycle was traveling south on Route 63 – The motor vehicle was pulling out of Laurel Ave., turning left onto north bound Rt 63 at the time of the collision.
- The names of the subjects involved are not being released at this time
- The operator of the motorcycle was seriously injured and was transported from the scene to a local hospital for treatment – No further information on this individuals injuries are available at this time.
- The operator of the Motor Vehicle was not seriously injured
- The crash is being investigated by the Central Naugatuck Valley Regional Accident Reconstruction Unit (Naugatuck, Middlebury, Watertown and Wolcott PD Members)
Route 63 in the area of Laurel Avenue in Naugatuck has been closed due to a serious crash involving a motorcycle and a motor vehicle, police said in a press release.
Traffic is being detoured around the scene via Cross Street and Beacon Valley Road, police said. ALL TRUCKS ARE POHIBITED FROM UTILIZING THIS ROUTE. South bound trucks should use Route 68 to Maple Hill and Candee Road and North bound trucks should use Route 67 in Seymour to Route 63, police said.
The Road is expected to be closed for several hours while the incident is investigated. Motorists are urged to use alternate routes to avoid delays.