The following is the latest press release from the Town of North Branford regarding the Blizzard of 2013.
We thank everyone for their patience while we dig out from the Blizzard of 2013. We received the fifth-largest amount of snow in Connecticut with Northford probably receiving up to 40 inches of snow. Public Works crews, outside contractors, and local businesses and farm owners are working together diligently to continue the cleanup.
For today, the Libraries, Senior Center and Community Center, as well as schools are closed. Town Hall is open regular hours. We are working on clearing out the parking areas for these buildings.
Today crews are plowing out the public buildings, widening the roads, and pushing back the snow. If your street is completely covered with snow, please call the Town Manager’s Office at 203-484-6000. All roads should be partially open by now.
Rubbish removal will be delayed one day.
Most of our calls today are from homeowners looking for someone to plow out their driveways. The Town cannot plow out driveways, but we are trying to compile a list of people who have trucks to assist you. If you can help out by plowing driveways, please call the Town Manager’s Office at the above number.
We know that people were upset about the lack of phone calls over the weekend using the Reverse 911 system. We were not aware until yesterday, that the system was not working correctly. The system we use is owned by the State so I did report this to the State and we are working on correcting this.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Town Manager’s Office so we can assist you. Again, thank you for your patience.
More on the Blizzard
- Are You Offering Plow Services in North Branford?
- Urgent: Travel Ban in Effect for North Branford
- PHOTOS: North Branford Among Highest Snow Totals
- Malloy Says Snow Cleanup Will Take a 'Number of Days'
- Don't forget how hard your plow guys are working (announcement)
- Travel Ban in Effect as of 4PM
- Winter Storm Safety for Pets
- Why Do We Name Winter Storms?
- Blizzard Updates: North Branford Schools Closed
- North Branford Schools Closed in Anticipation of Blizzard
- Patch's Poll: Are You Prepared for the Blizzard?
- Blizzard Watch Issued for North Branford