All dogs in the State of Connecticut six months old or older must be licensed each year in the town where they reside in the month of June. A current rabies certificate is required for all dogs; and a neutered/spayed certificate is required for dogs that will be licensed for the first time. or if recently neutered or spayed.Licensing Requirements:
- A copy of spaying/neutering certificate if your dog was not listed as such last year
- A copy of current rabies certificate if the last rabies shot has expired
- The fee is $8.00 for a spayed/neutered and $19.00 for unspayed/unneutered
- A late fee will be required if registering your dog after June 30. See application form for details.
- Checks should be made out to "Town Clerk of North Haven"
To license your dog in person, stop by North Haven's Town Clerk's Office at Memorial Town Hall, 18 Church Street. For further questions call (203) 239-5321, ext. 541.