Thurs., Oct. 20: Shelton Morning Briefing
Become a child advocate, see some pretty paintings, help out with the Dog Park....
- Bring an umbrella on your way to work, because the National Weather Service predicts the following for today: A chance of showers, mainly before 10 a.m. Partly sunny skies, with a high near 67 degrees. South wind between 10 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. At night, partly cloudy with a low around 46.
- Become a child advocate; Child Advocates of Connecticut is looking for volunteers. This organization supports children in Fairfield County who are victims of parental abuse, neglect or abandonment. The next training dates will be February 7, 8, 9, 14 and 15 from 9:30 a.m. -2 p.m. Contact Jackie Grundei if you are interested at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on how to get involved, please
- Soulshine: The Photographers Club of CT proudly announces the date of their second gallery show at . It will be held at the downtown location, 434 Howe Ave., tonight from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. There will be a silent auction at the end of the evening, with some of the proceeds benefiting the Mary A. Schmecker Turtle Shell Fund (Furthering Art, Craft and Music Education for Children and Young Adults).
Liquid Lunch will be servin' up a special menu, a "soup tasting" and Benny Mikula will be there to entertain your ears with his live music. So come treat yourself to a wonderful evening. is FREE!
- Friends of the Shelton Dog Park Committee invite you to join their monthly meeting at the , held on the 3rd Thursday of each month (that's TODAY!), where they discuss both progress to date, and plan for future projects, fund raisers, etc. If you would like to be involved and informed, then you are welcome to attend. Please RSVP so they know what size room to reserve. Email: email@example.com.
- Happy Birthday to graduate Artur Kropiewnicki! This cool dude shares a birthday with "The Office" actor John Krasinski, rapper Snoop Dogg and legendary New York Yankee baseball player Mickey Mantle.