Simsbury resident Dr. Anita M. Kelsey was among the 8 medical professionals honored by The Hartford Business Journal this week.
The journal honored the eight Connecticut health care professionals for their contributions to their professions and the community. Hartford Business Journal’s annual Health Care Heroes awards recognize outstanding leaders in the health care industry who embody the word ‘hero.’
Kelsey, MD, FACC, FASE is Director of Echocardiography, Medical Director of the Hoffman Heart School of Cardiac Ultrasound and the Director of the Phillips Women's Heart Program at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center. She was honored for Advancements in Healthcare – Prevention: A
“This year’s honorees are at the forefront of health care excellence and innovation in Connecticut,” said Gail Lebert, publisher, Hartford Business Journal. “Each is a model for professional excellence and a proven leader in a demanding and rapidly changing industry. We commend them on their achievements and service to the community.”
The 2013 Health Care Heroes include:
- Community Service – Advocacy/Policy: Maryland Grier, CT Health Foundation
- Physician: Dr. Michael Bourque, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center
- Nurse: Bill Hantzos, R.N. and Kelley Etheridge, R.N., Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center
- Healthcare Staff: Dr. Michael Gutman and Dr. Yahel Gutman, New England Urgent Care
- Volunteer: Dr. Laura Friedeberg, CCMC
- Advancements in Healthcare – Innovation: Earl Morrison, Hartford Hospital
- Corporate Achievement – Innovation: Manon Cox, Protein Sciences Corporation
- Advancements in Healthcare – Prevention: Anita Kelsey, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center
The Health Care Heroes luncheon was presented by: Hartford Business Journal. Event sponsors were ConnectiCare; Comcast Business; EMCOR Services / New England Mechanical; Hartford HealthCare; Hartford HealthCare Federal Credit Union; Panera Bread; The Pita Group; Qualidigm; Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center; WDRC AM 1360; DRC-FM 102.9; and, Yale School of Management. Event partners, included: CT Convention Center; Rider Productions; J. Fiereck Photography; Co-Communications, Marketing & Public Relations; Keep in Touch Media; R2 Graphics; The Perfect Promotion.
About Hartford Business Journal
Hartford Business Journal is the only audited weekly, subscription-based business publication in Connecticut. Whether it’s market trends, the latest merger news or an update on state government, this award-winning weekly is the “must read” for area business leaders. Hartford Business Journal has a total readership of 25,000 affluent and educated business decision makers in the 61 towns that make up Metro Hartford. For more information, please visit www.hartfordbusiness.com or call (860) 236-9998.