1. Stonington Human Services is sponsoring the 12th Annual “Great Halloween Egg Hunt” for youth and their families on Sunday, Oct. 21 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. There is a $5 entrance fee per family for the event. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. Proceeds from the event benefit youth programming. Call Stonington Human Services, 860-535-5015, for more information.
2. There’s no doubt that the media world as we knew it not long ago is morphing continuously right before our eyes. We at Patch consider our hyper-local web-based platform to be yet another manifestation of this ongoing evolution of news and information distribution. Are you passionate about something in Stonington, Mystic or Pawcatuck? Whether it's food, family, schools, government, business, social issues, exercise, fashion, real estate or business—if it's your thing, we'd like you to consider blogging for Patch. Anyone may apply. And if you already have a blog, post it here to attract even more readers. Don't be shy! Stonington-Mystic Patch is on a mission to recruit fresh voices, and this is a great opportunity to make your voice heard. If you're interested in blogging for Stonington-Mystic Patch, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Mark your calendar for the St. Michael School Fall Festival. The family event celebrating fall takes place on Saturday, Oct. 20, from 1 to 4 p.m. There will be horse & wagon rides, fall crafts, 9-hole mini golf, carnival games and of course food! Mums, pumpkins and apples will be for sale. For more information visit http://www.stmichaelschoolct.com
4. On Oct. 17, 1931 Al Capone was sentenced to 11 in prison.
5. Today’s Thought: "Friendship is one mind in two bodies." —Mencius