The town-wide parking ban will be lifted at 6 p.m. Friday, according to a recent post on the mayor's official Facebook page.
Mayor: Stratford Plows Moving Onto Secondary Streets
Posted 11 a.m. Friday
Stratford Mayor John A. Harkins gave the following winter storm update Friday morning on his official Facebook page:
Here is the latest update on the winter storm:
- Snow removal operations will continue throughout the day. With the snow having stopped falling, public works crews have moved off of the main roads and on to secondary and side streets.
- An alternate side of the street parking ban remains in effect. Residents are asked to move their vehicles off the road completely, or to move them to the “odd” side of the street to allow for crews to clear the roadways throughout town.
- There were no power outages overnight in Stratford. At the town’s request, UI did have personnel at the EOC in the event outages did occur.
- The Emergency Operations Center will be shut down as of noon today.
- With bitter cold temperatures forecast over the next 48 hours, residents are asked to check on any elderly neighbors or those with special needs. Also, remember to keep pets indoors in the extreme cold.
- Town buildings can be used a temporary warming centers throughout the business day.