In preparation for this year’s town St. Patrick’s Day celebration, residents are invited to submit nominations for an honorary Irish “Mayor” to serve in that capacity on March 17.
Nominations can be submitted to the Mayor’s office via email ( email@example.com), telephone (203-385-4001) or via regular mail.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be called the best Irish Soda Bread Baker in all of Stratford, then show it by participating in the St. Patrick’s Day Irish Soda Bread Contest - “A For The Fun Of It” activity open to all Stratford residents.
Contestants are asked to bring their entries to the flag raising ceremony at 9 a.m. on March 17 at Town Hall.
The following rules will apply:
• A name tag and telephone number should be placed with each entry;
• Entries must be made from an original recipe and not store bought;
• If the entry contains nuts or related ingredients, this should be clearly indicated on the name tag;
• The decision of the judges will be final;
• Immediate family members of the judges may not submit an entry.
So get busy digging out that ancient recipe from the old sod!
And may the luck of the Irish be with you all!