1. It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature of 42 °F. The wind will come from the north at a speed of 5 mph. There is a 30 percent chance of rain tonight and the overnight low is 33 °F. The wind will be light and come from the south, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Check out Suffield Patch's newest feature: a local, automated and regularly updated traffic map and gas prices from town, here.
3. Oo, oo, ah, ah... Today is Dec. 14, which means today is Monkey Day.
According to the official Monkey Day website today marks the annual celebration of "all things simian, a festival of primates and a chance to scream like a monkey."
Some say the origins of Monkey Day began as a tool to further the awareness of simian species and habitats, while others seem to believe that Monkey Day began as the scientific opposite to December's religious holidays, according to the Monday Day site.
Either way, today seems like a good day to act a little off the wall, make strange noises, scratch your armpits and eat some bananas. Perhaps you can take some time to check out
Monkey Day's Facebook page, as well.
4. Sticking with our theme today, if you're looking for a Christmas gift for that little monkey in your life, stop by your local Build-a-Bear Workshop.
They are offering several chimpanzees this holiday season, plus gift cards, 25 percent-off holiday specials, their Top 5 Gift Picks, outfits and more.
Build-a-Bear locations include
stfarms at 58 Westfarms Mall, Farmington;
The Shoppes at Buckland Hills at 194 Buckland Hills Drive, Manchester; and
Holyoke Mall at Ingleside at 50 Holyoke St., Holyoke, MA.
5. Want to see monkeys in real life? Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo is open for part of the day on the day before Christmas and New Year's Eve. The last visitor will be admitted at noon, and the doors will close at 1 p.m.