The Trumbull Chamber of Commerce honored 11 businesses this summer at its annual Business in Bloom Awards.
recipients were nominated for their commitment to “grow” their business
by expanding, relocating, opening or beautifying in Trumbull.
Trumbull Chamber of Commerce Chairman Kathleen Eigenrauch of TD Bank said “The Business in Bloom winners this year all have made significant contributions to the Town of Trumbull by investing in their various businesses. Their faith in our community reinforces the fact that Trumbull is not only a great place to live but to do business as well."“We are fortunate that so many quality businesses have picked our town as the place to establish themselves and grow. We were pleased to once again join with the Trumbull Chamber of Commerce in recognizing some of the new businesses and expressing our appreciation to them for choosing Trumbull,” said Scott Wich, chairman of the Trumbull Economic and Community Development Commission.
According to a Chamber of Commerce, The 2013 Business In Bloom Winners are:
- Digital Realty: "Located on Merritt Boulevard is a trusted data center solution provider for many of the world’s leading enterprises and have chosen Trumbull as one of their worldwide locations. Their recent expansion project in Trumbull is part of the company’s relentless pursuit of innovation.
- New Road Fitness "and their association with St. Vincent’s Health Services represent a groundbreaking model in fitness
and is Trumbull’s only medically integrated fitness center. Located on
Monroe Turnpike, New Road Fitness offers their clients a personal
exercise program designed to meet each individual’s needs. State of the art technology and
equipment guides clients through their program and track their results
recording important biometric markers such as weight, heart rate, blood
pressure and body mass index. Tracking these markers allows for
reevaluation and refinement of the program and provides clients and their physicians data driven evidence of improved health and fitness."
- Serenity Body Wellness, "which recently opened at 6515 Main Street has the philosophy “where life recedes…bodies relax….minds unfocus”. They offer a variety of spa services including massage, facials, infrared sauna treatments, chemical peels and reiki healing."
- The Medical Center of Fairfield County " is a project of RD Scinto Inc. and recently celebrated their grand opening. This state of the art four-story, 74,000 square foot facility offers modern technology and systems in a welcoming architecturally-pleasing setting."
- Books-A-Million "was founded as a street corner newsstand in Florence, Alabama in 1917 and has grown to become the premier book retailing chain in the Southeastern United States and the second largest book retailer in the country. With the opening of Books-A-Million’s second Connecticut store in Trumbull, Westfield now has a book store again."
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf "was born and brewed in southern California and is the largest privately held specialty tea and coffee retailer and have chosen Westfield Trumbull to be their first Connecticut location."
- Goldman Gruder & Woods, LLC "was co-founded by Trumbull resident Michael Goldman in July 2012 with Trumbull native and long-time Trumbull resident Stephen Wright as the firm’s resident partner. Goldman Gruder & Woods offers a variety of services including real estate, litigation, bankruptcy, education and business and corporate law."
- Trumbull Smiles Family Dental"opened on Hawley Lane in January 2013. They offer quality, affordable, personalized care and do their best to educate their patients to let them know what can be done in order to improve oral health and help them feel comfortable in the process. Some of their services include exams, x rays, periodontal treatments, root canals, whitening, mouth guards, invisalign and cleanings."
- OR Specialties"is a leading distributor of surgical products and a service provider to hospitals, surgery centers, and doctor's offices. With headquarters in Trumbull, Connecticut, they also have strategically placed satellite offices throughout the region they serve in the tri-state area, Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Their mission is to improve the quality of health care in their by providing the highest quality customer service/support and cutting edge, high quality surgical products."
- Shearwater Coffee Roasters" is a new business in Trumbull that will be brewing artisan organic coffees at their Technology Drive location. They will be supplying coffee to area retailers and restaurants, but will also offer tastings at their facility."
- Trumbull Marriott "has undergone a top to bottom renovation over the past few years with the most recent work being the revamping of the lobby, common areas and the opening of the Parallel Post restaurant which features local grown products and a
farm-to-table menu. The Trumbull Marriott is not only a fabulous
destination for travelers but continues to be an outstanding resource
and destination for locals as well."