A Washington Post poll shows a narrowing gap in the Democratic primary race for D.C. mayor, with Ward 4 District Councilwoman Muriel Bowser surging ahead of the pack.
The poll shows Bowser with 30 percent support, followed by incumbent Mayor Vincent Gray with 27 percent. The other candidates' support in the primary, according to the poll, is:
- Ward 6 District Councilman Tommy Wells: 14 percent
- Ward 2 District Councilman Jack Evans: 6 percent
- Artist and businessman Andy Shallal: 6 percent
- Others: 7 percent
The primary takes place Tuesday. Here are some ways to be sure you're ready to vote and don't hit any snags while you're in line Tuesday:
- Are you registered? To confirm your voter registration, click here for the D.C. Board of Elections.
- Am I at the right place? Check your polling place here. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.