The 2013 Florida Strawbrerry Festival kicks off today, Tuesday, March 5, with Bobby Vinton set to perform at 3:30 p.m., followed by Martina McBride at 7:30 p.m.
2013 Florida Strawberry Festival: Need To Know Tuesday, March 5
Today is Ride-a-Thon Day at the 2013 Florida Strawberry Festival.
- Ride-a-Thon is from noon to 11 p.m.
- A wristband purchased at the midway, for $20, entitles the wearer to ride most mechanical rides for this one price.
Today is Red Hat Day at the 2013 Florida Strawberry Festival.
- Red Hatters get $2 off the $10 gate admission all day.
- Adult Steering Contest sponsored by Dole Berry Co.
Also at the festival today:
- Gates open and close at 10 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- The midway opens at noon.
- Admission is $10 for people age 13 and up and $5 for children ages 6 to 12. Children age 5 and under are admitted for free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- The Adult Strawberry Stemming Contest kicks off a 2 p.m. at the Stingray Cheverolet Entertainment Tent.
- Bobby Vinton is set to perform 3:30 p.m. on the Wish Farms Soundstage.
- The Lamb Costume Contest is scheduled for 7 p.m. in the Swindle Family Pavilion.
- Martina McBride is set to perform 7:30 p.m. on the Wish Farms Soundstage.
For more on the daily offerings at the 2013 Florida Strawberry Festival, through March 10, visit the full report at Brandon Patch. Also featured are links to festival stories.