It's the biggest sports day of the year. Super Bowl XLVII airs this Sunday, Feb. 3. This year the Baltimore Ravens will take on the San Francisco 49ers in New Orleans. Even if you're not a huge football fan, Super Bowl Sunday is a great day to get together with friends and enjoy some good eats. Here are a few places in the neighborhood that are rolling out the red carpet for the big game.
- Lee Roy Selmon's - Superspread Sunday gets you all access to unlimited food and drinks for $63. Visit www.leeroyselmons.com to make your reservation. Address: 14457 N. Dale Mabry Highway. For more information call 813-374-0123.
- World of Beer Carrollwood - The Big Game Day at WOB includes free beer shots if you wear team swag. Beer specials and game on big screen televisions. Address: 12904 N. Dale Mabry Highway. For more information call 813-968-7300.
- Dale 1891 Gastro Pub - All you can drink menu and drink specials for $10 and prize giveaways. Address: 11742 N. Dale Mabry Hwy. For more information call 813-961-2121.
Here's some details on Sunday's game:
- Kickoff Time: The game gets under way at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 3 at New Orleans’ Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
- Halftime Show: Beyonce
- Commercials to watch for: Sports fans know that half the fun of watching the Super Bowl is tuning in to check out the creative, wacky and sometimes hysterical commercials that roll out during the big game. This year’s commercials cost advertisers a whopping $4 million for a 30-second spot, so viewers should expect some good entertainment here. Some of the spots to watch for, according to The Huffington Post, come courtesy of Anheuser-Busch, Kraft, Taco Bell and Pepsi.
- TV channel to tune in: WTSP CBS 10. Pregame coverage starts at 11 a.m. with the “Road to the Super Bowl.”