Like honoring the day the music died, here are some other things to start the day:
1. If you have some sick time, today could be a good chance to cash a day in. Expect a sunny, windy day with a high near 80, according to the National Weather Service. It's temperatures like this that help Clearwater Beach rank so highly to residents and tourists. And now it's also ranked six in tripadvisor.com's recent Travelers Choice awards, beating out locales including Honolulu, San Diego and Hilton Head, South Carolina.
2. Want to know how your neighbors voted in the Republican Presidential Preference Primary or the city's mayoral election? You won't get names but how about numbers. Voting results are available by precinct at the Supervisor of Elections website. Provisional ballots will be added to the results after the canvassing board meets at 9 a.m. today in Largo.
3. DMX, Wocka Flocka Flame and Machine Gun Kelly were announced as some of the performers at . The popular hip hop festival is coming to Coachman Park in March.
4. Looking for help filing your taxes this year? AARP Tax Aide volunteers will be helping seniors on limited with their tax returns at 3 p.m. Fridays and Wednesdays at the East Library, 2251 Drew St. Call (727) 562-4970
5. Looking for something to do? Grammy-award winning blues guitarist Keb Mo performs at 8 p.m. at , 1111 N McMullen Booth Road. If you have not had enough of Punxsutawney Phil, a free screening of " Groundhog Day" is at the Sunset Cinemas at .