- Woo-wee, it is cold outside! (You know you're a native Floridian when you get really excited about legitimate opportunities to wear boots and scarves.) The National Weather Service forecast calls for a sunny day, with a high near 49. Tonight will dip to a a low around 23. Make sure to bring in your pets, cover your plants and bundle up. This editor's forecast calls for a good book, a blanket and some hot chocolate.
- The kids are still out of school—is the break ?
- And since they are still out of school, if you're looking to get them out of the house, there are . And good news! Local wildlife expert Jeanene Arrington-Fisher says most snakes and spiders go into hiding once it gets cold.
- While we're on the subject of school (I think somewhere in the back of my head I'm looking forward to its return), one Florida lawmaker is pushing for . We would love to hear your thoughts on the proposal.
- To continue the school theme (hey, we're on a roll), now's your chance to school the Land O' Lakes Patch editor. What do you want to see covered by Patch this year? Email email@example.com and tell me what types of stories are most helpful, engaging and valuable to you.
Happy Tuesday, Land O' Lakes!