1. Orange Belt Railroad. Get on board as this original play by Richard J. Budin premieres at the Largo Community Center. The entertaining play shares the story of Peter Demens, in 1885, who created a railroad worth millions out of nothing, just to get to what is now Pinellas County.
- Where: 400 Alt Keene, Largo
- When: October 19, 20, 21 and 26, 27, 28. Friday and Saturday performances are at 8 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m..
- Cost: $15
2. Guy Harvey Film Fest. Friday's film is "Portraits from the Deep". The new Guy Harvey Outpost Auditorium is at the Florida Gulf Coast Center for Fishing.
- Where: Florida Gulf Coast Center for Fishing, 12211 Walsingham, Largo
- When: Friday from 7 until 8:30 p.m.
- Cost: $5 adults, $3 children 12 and under
3. Lego Friends. Meet friends while exploring the land of Legos. This month's theme is Spooky Skyscrapers. Create and build your own projects.
- Where: Highland Recreation Complex, 400 Highland Ave NE, Largo
- When: Saturday, 11 a.m.
- Cost: $5 (with Largo resident card)
4. Trick-or-Treat. The Largo Mall's Halloween event offers store-to-store trick-or-treating. Other fall fun includes music, dancing, hula hoop, limbo, games, face painting, Halloween creation station, and a costume event.
- Where: Registration in front of Regal 8 Cinema at the Largo Mall
- When: Saturday from noon until 2 p.m. Registration is at 12:30 p.m. with event from 1 until 2 p.m.
5. Fall Festival. Fun for all ages including pumpkin painting, games, hay rides, toddler activities, zip line, rope bridge, and more. Food and beverage available for purchase.
- Where: Seminole United Methodist, 5400 Seminole Blvd., Seminole
- When: Oct. 20 from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
6. Pet Walk. Bring your four-legged friend to downtown St. Petersburg to benefit the SPCA Tampa Bay. Activities include: a 1.8 mile walk on the waterfront, pet costume contest, adoptable pet parade, refreshments, canine demonstrations and more. Register: www.3KPetWalk.org
- Where: S. Straub Park, St. Petersburg
- When: Oct. 20 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.