1. After thousands of votes through the last month, the time is now to make your voice heard to
Vote, comment, review for either OR . Voting ends at noon Wednesday. Good luck to our finalists!
2. Get your week off to an inspiring start by . took care of the turtle, Cowboy, since December. If you go, park near the first guard tower on Lido Beach and arrive at least 10 minutes early.
3. Not only is free ice cream an American Dream, but Tuesday at the St. Armands Circle it's also an AmeriCone Dream. Tomorrow is the ice cream store's annual free cone day. It's also a chance to give a scoop of change in your pocket and donate to WSLR community radio station, who will be at the event.
4. Do you miss the park benches at Selby Five Points Park or glad they're gone? Obviously it's more than about a place to sit — the benches were removed as part of way to discourage homeless folks from gathering in the park. The c ity commission will discuss today how the removal of the benches has gone and if it should continue. Stay with Patch for more on this story.
5. will host “Paint the Town READ,” from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday. The event will feature author meet-and-greet sessions, book discussions, an open-microphone session, a book sale to benefit the Friends of Selby Library and more.
Topics for book discussions include:
- Audiobooks facilitated by Susan Rife, arts and books editor for the Herald-Tribune Media Group.
- Who Knew? and Poetry, facilitated by Georgia Court, Bookstore1 Sarasota owner.
- Classic Food Writers facilitated by librarian Charlotte Thompson.
- New to You, a sneak preview of new books with David Chaplin, Bookstore1 Sarasota’s manager.
For more info, call 941-861-5000.