An anchor on South Palm Avenue, the family owned and operated has been serving the Sarasota community since 1989. Originally started by their father, the restaurant today is run by his sons; the successful Caragiulo brothers whose other restaurant interests include and .
Caragiulo’s is a classic old world, family styled, Italian restaurant oozing with charm, character and casual comfort. With thre different venues for seating; the bar, the main dining room, and alfresco, the total space is deceivingly large but divided which complements the casual comfortable ambience.
The food preparation is what one would expect from an Italian family run restaurant; homemade, fresh, simple and plentiful. The bread is baked fresh daily and one can even see planters with fresh herbs on the patio. The menu is extensive and offers a wide range of Italian culinary choices from the traditional to the more contemporary. For our meals we chose the following:
- Arancini Telfono: Mozzarella stuffed risotto balls with sundried tomato aioli & pepperonata $7.00
- rich, lightly sauced, refined flavor
- Pork Chop Milanese: Breaded pork chop topped with arugula and heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella, and balsamic $19.00
- Nicely presented, tender breaded and fried bone in pork chop topped with very fresh ingredients quite tasty
- Spaghetti and Meatballs: Pasta with homemade meat balls $14.00
- A classic dish served with two meatballs, Italian comfort food
- Chicken Parmiagana: Chicken cutlets with mozzarella & pasta marinara $18.00
- Nicely breaded, cheesy and well sauced tender chicken served with a side of pasta, well prepared
- Stripped Bass: one of the specials, served with broccoli rabe, mushrooms, in a light broth $22.00
- Fresh, light, well prepared with subtle flavors
- Chocolate Chip Cannoli: Cannoli served with berries and whipped cream $6.00
- A very nice presentation, crisp cannoli shell with crunchy chocolate chips
The generous apportioned meals were accompanied by fresh baked bread and a fresh, crisp, garden salad dressed with red wine vinaigrette and served family style. Full bar service is available with a beer and wine list designed to complement the meal.
Indoor and outdoor dining, an extensive menu of well prepared traditional Italian dishes, large portions, reasonably priced, served in a casual, comfortable “feel right at home” type of setting; that is Caragiulo’s; Italian family dining squared!
Caragiulo's Italian Restaurant
69 South Palm Avenue
Sarasota, FL 34236