1. Tuesday is Primary Election Day in Florida, featuring hotly contested and .
Remember that your precinct might have changed due to the consolidation of polling places. Visit the Supervisor of Elections website to find your precinct.
2. Edna the dolphin is expected to be released back into the Gulf of Mexico Tuesday after receiving care at . who were tending to sea turtle nests. At one time, things appeared to be grim, but all the hours put in by volunteers and staff have Edna ready for her release.
3. Voting in the Readers' Choice polls ends Friday! If your business is nominated, now is your chance to start driving fans to the polls. Visit the to get started.
4. Contractor Natural Designs Landscaping of Palmetto is expected to start mowing in the county's North Urban Zone mowing district starting this week, according to Sarasota County Government. The led to months of backlogged mowing.
The following areas are included in the zone:
- Coash Road, Tuckerstown Drive, St. Louis Avenue, Roselawn Avenue, San Juan Drive, Shade Avenue at Arlington Street, Oak Terrace, Avenue A, Palm Terrace, 47th Street, Williamsburg Street, Colonial Drive Gocio Roa
- Fruitville Road West, Bee Ridge Road, University Parkway, Superior Avenue, Gateway Avenue, Constitution Boulevard, Beneva Road, McIntosh Road, Bahia Vista Street, North Lockwood Ridge Road, John Ringling Boulevard, Boulevard of the Presidents, Dr. Martin Luther King Way, 17th Street, Siesta Drive, Midnight Pass Road, Stickney Point Road, Cattlemen Road, Webber Street, Proctor Road, Gulf Gate Drive, Curtiss Avenue, Clark Road
5. is making progress on expansion as the campus' first-ever freshman class.
WWSB takes a look at what is included in the multi-year expansion, which starts with a $25 million academic center:
"Future students will also be able to enjoy on-campus housing, a boat house, parking garages and athletic fields. Just off campus will be new shops and restaurants along the north trail, an area of town known for its run down vacant buildings and crime. "