The City of Temple Terrace is considering raising the millage rate for fiscal year 2012-13 by 0.28 mills.
The or 6.15 per $1,000 of taxable value. That means if your house is worth $100,000, in theory, you pay $615 in taxes. On Tuesday evening, City Council members are scheduled to establish a tentative millage rate of 6.43 mills.
They’re also scheduled to set the public hearings for the fiscal year 2012-13 budget for Sept. 4 and 18 at 6 p.m. at City Hall.
According to the meeting agenda, the council is also expected to consider:
- raising local business taxes by 5 percent;
- awarding a contract to mill and resurface portions of Temple Heights Road and 53rd Street to Tampa Pavement Constructors for $67,453.80;
- awarding a contract to buy quicklime to Carmeuse Lime & Stone for $54,730;
- authorizing the purchase of yard waste disposal services from Consolidated Resource Recovery for no more than $75,000;
- awarding a five-year contract for Parks and Recreation management software for $35,000 and $7,500 for annual maintenance charges for two-five years; and
- approving a one-year library services agreement with Plant City and Hillsborough County.
The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. at . It will be live on Verizon channel 39 and Bright House channel 950 and rebroadcast on Mondays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. and Wednesdays and Fridays at 2 p.m.