21 Aug 2014
76° Clear
Patch Instagram photo by cabanasalon
Patch Instagram photo by cabanasalon

Pan Left on Stove Blamed for Alpharetta House Fire

Alpharetta's fire marshal said the home's stove was left on.

Pan Left on Stove Blamed for Alpharetta House Fire

Alpharetta's fire marshal has determined what caused a fire at a home on Long Indian Creek Court Wednesday morning.

"The stove was left on with a pan sitting on a stove eyelet," said George Gordon, Alpharetta Department of Public Safety spokesman.

The home at 3313 Long Indian Creek Court suffered heavy fire damage in the garage and living room, and had a partial roof collapse.

Gordon said 14 Alpharetta firefighters responded to the 911 call, with 8 additional firefighters from Milton and Johns Creek offering assistance.

 

Share This Article