ATHENS-CLARKE COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT
MEDIA RELEASE March 24, 2014Prepared by Hilda Sorrow
- An Athens woman reported her Gaines School Road residence burglarized between 12 pm March 19 and 4 pm March 23. A handgun and Kindle with a total value of $470 were stolen.
- A room at the Travel Lodge, 898 W Broad Street was burglarized between 8 am and 1:30 pm March 23. A handgun, video game system, and video game were stolen. The total value was $845.
BURGLARY / CRIMINAL TRESPASS – DAMAGE / CRIMINAL TRESPASS
- Between 12 pm August 1 and 3:30 pm March 23 a vacant Cleveland Ave residence had been burglarized. A TV valued at $200 had been stolen. The walls had been damaged and trash was inside.
- A vehicle was entered between 12:15 am and 12:30 am March 23 while parked at Fulton Street and Thomas Street. A laptop, backpack, and textbook were stolen. The total value was $1,101.
THEFT BY TAKING
- A Spalding Court resident said he parked his 1993 Honda Accord in the upper parking lot of Parkview Homes around 10 pm March 22. When he returned around 3 pm March 23, the vehicle was missing. It is white, with Georgia tag BKC5961, and is valued at $2,000.
- Between 12 pm July 26, 2012, and 4:30 pm April 19, 2013, a full size bobcat bucket valued at $2,900 was stolen from a Noketchee Creek Road location. Douglas William Parham of Comer said he had permission from the owner to leave the equipment there. When he returned for the equipment, it was missing. This was reported on March 23.