The following movies are playing this weekend at in Bethlehem. Once you've perused the descriptions, check out the trailers to the right of this text.
- " Finding Nemo" — The Disney/Pixar animated film is back in theaters in 3D. Showing in the BigD Experience at 1:20, 4:20, 7:05 and 9:30 and in regular 3D at 1:00, 4:00, 6:45 and 9:15 today, Sept. 14 through Sunday, Sept. 16.
- " Last Ounce of Courage" — The son of a fallen soldier, years after his father's death, tries to reconnect with his grandfather, who is still grieving the loss of his child. Stars Marshall R. Teague, Jennifer O'Neill and Fred Williamson. Showing at 1:00, 4:30, 7:00 and 9:20 today, Sept. 14 through Sunday, Sept. 16.
- " Resident Evil: Retribution" — Milla Jovovich returns as the awakened Alice in the fifth installment in the "Resident Evil" film series as the Umbrella Corporation’s deadly T-virus continues to ravage the Earth, transforming the global population into the flesh eating undead. Alice continues to hunt those responsible for the outbreak, a chase that takes her from Tokyo to New York, Washington, D.C. and Moscow, culminating in a mind-blowing revelation. Showing at 1:10 and 9:15 and in 3D at 4:10 and 6:45 today, Sept. 14 through Sunday, Sept. 16. There are also midnight showings tonight and Saturday.
- " The Cold Light of Day" — After his family is kidnapped during a sailing trip, a young Wall Street trader is confronted by those responsible: intelligence agents looking to recover a mysterious briefcase. The film stars Henry Cavill, Bruce Willis and Sigourney Weaver. Showing at 1:15, 4:00, 7:10, 9:30 today, Sept. 14 through Sunday, Sept. 16. There are also midnight showings tonight and Saturday.
- " The Words" — A writer, played by Bradley Cooper, at the peak of his literary success discovers the steep price he must pay for stealing another man's work. Also stars Dennis Quaid and Olivia Wilde. Showing at 2:00, 4:45, 7:05 and 9:40 today, Sept. 14 through Sunday, Sept. 16. There are also midnight showings tonight and Saturday.
- " Lawless" — Set in Depression-era Franklin County, Virginia, this is the true story of the infamous Bondurant Brothers: bootlegging siblings who made a run for the American Dream in Prohibition-era Virginia. In this epic outlaw tale, inspired by true-life tales of author Matt Bondurant's family in his novel "The Wettest County In The World", the loyalty of three brothers is put to the test against the backdrop of the nation's most notorious crime wave. This movie is rated R. Showing at 1:15, 4:15, 7:15 and 9:45 today, Sept. 14 through Sunday, Sept. 16.
- “ The Expendables 2” — In this sequel to the 2010 film “The Expendables,” Barney Ross ( Sylvester Stallone) leads his motley, muscle-bound crew on a simple job commissioned by Mr. Church ( Bruce Willis). When things go wrong, Ross and the gang cut “a swath of destruction through opposing forces, wreaking havoc and shutting down an unexpected threat in the nick of time.” The movie is rated R and stars Sylvester Stallone, Liam Hemsworth and Randy Couture. Showing at 1:45, 4:30, 7:15, 7:30, 9:40 today, Sept. 14 through Sunday, Sept. 16.
- " ParaNorman" — A misunderstood boy, takes on ghosts, zombies and grown-ups to save his town from a centuries-old curse. Rated PG. Showing in 3D at 1:45 and 4:15, 6:45 and 9:00 today, Sept. 14 through Sunday, Sept. 16.
- " The Odd Life of Timothy Green" — A happily married couple who can’t wait to start a family but can only dream about what their child would be like bury a box in their backyard, containing all of their wishes for an infant. Soon, a child is born, though Timothy Green is not all that he appears. This film is rated PG. Showing at 2:00, 4:30, 7:00 and 9:40 today, Sept. 14 through Sunday, Sept. 16.
- " The Campaign" — To gain influence over their North Carolina district, two CEOs seize an opportunity to oust long-term congressman Cam Brady by putting up a rival candidate, naive Marty Huggins, director of the local tourism center. The film stars Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis and Jason Sudeikis and is rated R. Showing at 1:15, 4:25, 7:30 and 9:35 today, Sept. 14 through Sunday, Sept. 16.
- " 2016 Obama's America" — This documentary asks the question, "If Barack Obama wins a second term, where will we be in 2016?" This documentary is rated PG. Showing at 1:30, 4:05, 6:45 and 9:15 today, Sept. 14 through Sunday, Sept. 16.
for Gateway Cinemas 12 theater information, including ticket prices.
Barrow Patch wants your movie reviews! Come back and tell us in comments the movie you saw, what you thought about it and how many stars out of five you would give the film.