Douglass has served as an assistant principal at North Atlanta since 2012. Prior to that, the New York native and Georgia State University graduate worked within the Gwinnett County Public Schools system for seven years.
Woodbridge Greene, Jr. was approved as the new principal at Sutton Middle School, and Kara Stimpson was approved as the new principal at Morris Brandon Elementary, as well.
The other seven new APS principals are:
- Gideons Elementary - Jesse Berger
- Mays High - Richard Fowler
- Grady High - Timothy Guiney
- Carver School of Health Sciences and Research - Marcus Jackson
- Carver School of Technology - Josie Love
- Therrell School of Health Sciences and Research - Shelly Powell
- Crim High - Tyree Simmons
The new principals will take leadership of their schools beginning on July 1.